Like most marketers, I'm constantly looking for educational sessions to help me be better at what I do, and that includes being a writer on behalf of Elcom.
So I signed up for the MarketingProfs writing bootcamp and so far I've heard from @AmberCadabra and @RobertMills and I've been inspired. The below are some highlights you might find useful or just a good reminder of what you already know:
- "Get your message right!" by asking the following questions:
- why do we exist?
- what do we do?
- how do we behave?
- how will we succeed?
- what's important right now?
- who does what?
- Have a personality (and this should be consistent with your values, brand and tone of voice)
- Authenticity and consistency (get these two right and you're ahead of the rest)
- Be helpful, even if you can't answer the question or provide the service. Make sure the audience get's to their solution with your help...you never know, it could be 'the beginning of a beautiful friendship.'